DATES for your DIARY – 2021
|Date||WEEKLY LEISURE EVENTS|
|Starting on 6 October 2021||
He has a selection of interesting games that he can introduce you to or you can bring your favourite game with you to play with other members.
|Date||FORTHCOMING LEISURE EVENTS|
|Saturday & Sunday,
4 & 5 December 2021
SALE OF HANDMADE CHRISTMAS-THEMED CRAFT ITEMS
Tracey Wilkins will be in the Pavilion from 10:00-13:00
Teas, coffees and mince pies will also be on sale so why not get into the festive spirit and drop in for a warm welcome!
11 December 2021
Where there are 2 or 3 players who want to play we will, where possible, group them with other individual players (or other couples) to make up teams of up to 4 (or 6).
Tickets are limited and will be on sale in the Pavilion on a first come, first served basis as follows:
Doors open at 18:30. Quiz starts at 19:00.
There will be a selection of sweet and savoury snacks available to purchase from the bar.
|Date||CLUB & PAVILION CLOSURES|
Friday, 10 December 2021
As the committee meeting will be held in The Pavilion on Friday, 10 December 2021 it will be closed to members until 13:00.
Our aim is to provide a pleasing, relaxed environment in which members can meet up. With this in mind we plan to offer a range of leisure activities including:
- Quiz nights
- Family Fun Days
- Live music evenings (e.g. jazz or folk)
- Butser guided “rambles” – Starting and ending at the Pavilion for refreshments
- Horse, Dog & Pig racing nights – No really! This is one of the most popular leisure events in clubs across the country. Pre-recorded race DVDs are shown and members can bet (and win!) whilst enjoying a laugh, a light meal and a beer or glass of wine in good company.
- Grand Summer BBQ
- Shambolic fun target Bowls days – Participants are invited to “compete” in a knockout competition aiming at fun targets.
- Period fancy dress parties – including Pirates, Beatles 60s, Cartoon characters and many more
- Chess, Backgammon, Scrabble, Whist & Bridge groups
In truth, we have a blank canvas, so members are invited to suggest any particular leisure programme that they feel might be interesting. All suggestions will be given a fair hearing and considered. Forming a photography and/or art club has already been suggested.
So let's all pull together to make this a great Club for us to enjoy.