DATES for your DIARY – 2019
Wednesday 23 October
What Happens to the Ring Pulls?
Jane Walker, MBE, founder of the Purple Community Fund, will give a presentation to explain what happens to the ring pulls we've been collecting and will bring along some of the items made from them.
COST: £2.50 to include nibbles.
See POSTER for more details.
Saturday 2 November
7:30pm for 8:00pm start – 10:30pm
Teams of 4-6 members. There will be prizes for the best score and best team name.
COST: Members £2; Full Members’ Guests £3 payable on the night.
Saturday 7 December
7:30pm – 10:30pm
By popular request, we will be holding a Christmas Party in our Pavilion.
Tickets are now available in our Pavilion. As only 72 people can be accommodated ENTRANCE WILL BE BY TICKET ONLY. These will be issued on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. We are not planning to provide any hot food.
COST: Members FREE; Full Members’ Guests £2
You must wear something RED!
Tuesday 26 November
Closed for meeting 1:00pm to 3:30pm.
Friday 13 December
Closed for private hire from 5:00pm.
The emphasis in the short term, based on feedback received so far, will be on providing a pleasing social environment for members to meet.
With that in mind the working party is busy researching the following social and light exercise activities:
- Pre-Bowls warm up light exercise sessions for members prior to a game of bowls
- Quiz nights
- Family Fun Days
- Live music evenings (e.g. jazz or folk)
- Butser guided “rambles” – Starting and ending at the Pavilion for refreshments
- Horse, Dog & Pig racing nights – No really! This is one of the most popular social events in clubs across the country. Pre-recorded race DVDs are shown and members can bet (and win!) whilst enjoying a laugh, a light meal and a beer or glass of wine in good company.
- Grand Summer Barbeque
- Shambolic fun target Bowls days – Participants are invited to “compete” in a knockout competition aiming at fun targets.
- Period fancy dress parties – including Pirates, Beatles 60s, Cartoon characters and many more
- Chess, Backgammon, Scrabble, Whist & Bridge groups
In addition we are considering making available on a scheduled basis the services of a manicurist, podiatrist and sports masseur. Also, there have already been suggestions of perhaps photography and/or art club meetings on occasions. Finally, we have a blank canvas, so members will be invited to suggest any particular social programme that they feel might be interesting. All suggestions will be given a fair hearing and considered.
Let’s all make this a great Club to belong to.
Events & Fundraising Officer