SINGLES LADDER COMPETITION – 2020-21 LATEST LADDER STATUS
We are running a singles ladder competition throughout the winter months which starts on Monday 26 October and will run until end of February 2021. (There isn’t any entry fee!)
The ladder is arranged in 2 tiers:
- Tier 1 – Experienced bowlers
- Tier 2 – Less experienced bowlers
At the start of the competition names have been added to the ladder in random order.
- Players can challenge any player up to 3 places above them, e.g. player in 10th position can challenge players in 9th, 8th or 7th.
- Once a player is challenged you have 2 weeks to organise the match.
- If the player challenged cannot play in the 2-week period, they will forfeit the match and the players swap positions on the ladder.
- Players also swap position depending on the result.
- Once a team is committed to a match they cannot be challenged by another player until that match concludes.
- Players will agree the length of the match before it starts, i.e. 6/8/10 ends. If the match is drawn at the end of the agreed number of ends an additional end will be played.
- Each player will play with 4 woods.
The ladder will be updated and made available on the Bowling Events page on our website (NOT IN THE PAVILION).
Rink bookings must be made in advance through our normal booking system – please remembers to mention it’s a ladder match.
Normal COVID rules must be adhered to.
* * * * * * * * * * *
REGULAR ROLL UP SCHEDULE FOR SUMMER 2020
To be confirmed once we are fully open again.
||ROLL UP TIME||NOTES|
SPECIAL ROLL UPs
FREE COACHING for members!!
Please include your
NAME, MEMBERSHIP NUMBER, CONTACT NUMBER AND DAYS AND TIMES
when you would like to attend a coaching session.
Nuala will contact you to agree a mutually convenient time.
Please give as much notice as possible.
Plans for the future
The cut-off for registering teams to play in the Portsmouth & District leagues is 1st October each year. Due to COVID-19 we have deferred the decision to join the P&D League until Summer 2021 for the 2022 season.
Our Club is already affiliated to Bowls England and Bowls Hampshire and a pool of qualified coaches are available for those who wish to develop their skills.
Within the Management Team we also have several colleagues who have attended coaching courses and some who have experience of playing in leagues. They are very happy to assist new players.
Finally, one suggestion that has been made already is maybe once a year we organise a Bowls trip to play a friendly series at another club in a different part of the Country. This normally takes the form of a weekend stay and evening party at somewhere like say Devon or Cornwall.
Again, all ideas and suggestions welcome.